Asada Hiroyuki, one of my inspirations

Hi guys! It's Monday! For some people the worst day of the week, but for me it's one of the most cool days, so let's get to the business! Today I'm going to write something about a pretty important influence to me and my art, his name is Asada Hiroyuki, a Japanese Manga artist, he's currently working in the manga series Tegami Bachi for Shueshia, Inc.

Hiroyuki Sensei's Desk and Tegami Bachi artwork. Source: www.asadahiroyuki.com
The feeling from the art he does is really amazing when you see his art you can feel a mix of sadness and a deep sense of good energy, his art is incredibly detailed and has a incredible composition on it.

His remarkable art makes him (for me) one of the best Mangakas in Japan, he has been even linked to Takeshi Obata and Death note's artwork. But overall, all his manga series were serialized in the Monthly magazines from Shueshia, inc.

I met his art when I read Tegami Bachi for the first time, I said: "Wow, this guy has a pretty clean art, it is really impressive!" Well, his inking skills were the things that got me in first, but now I look at his coloured artwork and I went really crazy, he has a powerful concept around colour. He usually uses a mix of warm and cold colours, when you see a yellow character or a red painted character from him you could somehow see some cold aura around that character. That's pretty enigmatic and one of the things that captured me from his art.

Boy and a Raccoon by Asada Hiroyuki. Source: http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/565936
He's got a knife by Asada Hiroyuki. Source: http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/566052
The respect I got towards him is massive, in some way he made me think "God, I want start my own Manga series", and obviously he has influenced my art. I invite you to see more from his amazing artwork on his Official Website or just read some of his Manga series like Tegami Bachi or I'll. He inspired me to become a better artist each day, when I see his artwork I think a lot about what I'm going to do next to reach somehow his level, that's one of the Manga artists I want to know someday, for sure!

Thank you a lot for reading this article! I hope this have been useful and interesting for you! Remember I'm writing a new each Monday and uploading some cool draws and resources on my Facebook Fan Page. Have a nice day!

Previous Posts:

Tutorial: Draw Women Hair
12 Tips for Webcomic Beginners
Tutorial: Create Scenery/Background
How to get used to your Tablet
Improve your sketch abilities in 10 steps

This entry was posted on 11 February 2013 and is filed under ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply